Together we can help end hunger!
Did you know that 16% of all Oklahomans cannot always count on their next meal?
We’re excited to announce our Food and Fund Drive benefiting the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma through March 7, 2018!
We’re collecting food, personal hygiene items, and cash donations, and we’ve placed three food and cash donation boxes throughout our building.
Most Needed Items:
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Canned or packaged fruit
- Canned or boxed meals, soups and stews
- 100% fruit juice
- Peanut butter
- Rice, pasta and sauces
- Baby cereal and formula
- Non-food items such as toothpaste, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent and other basic necessities.
NOTE: The Food Bank cannot accept home-canned, previously opened, expired, or homemade foods, unlabeled products or products not in its original packaging, perishable food, alcohol, medicine or sodas.
What can our gift do?
Our donation to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma means that every 1.2 pounds of food donated can provide 1 meal to those in need.
And because the Food Bank is able to purchase food in bulk, your $1 donation can provide the equivalent of 4 meals!
- $1 provides four meals to those in need in one of the 24 counties the Food Bank serves.
- $21 can feed a family for a week through the Food Bank’s resources.
- $280 purchases a pallet of fresh produce to be distributed from the Food Bank’s warehouse.
Help us make this a movement!
With help from businesses like Southwestern Payroll, the Food Bank is able to distribute more than 346,000 meals a week through over 450 Partner Programs! Food security for all is their goal, and they need our help to achieve it.